The Leela Palace Goa
The Leela Palace, Goa just 45 minutes by air from Mumbai (Bombay).The Leela Palace, Goa has a unique position both geographical and historical. It is located halfway down India's west coast and is enclosed by the Western Foothills and The Arabian Sea. An unusual Blend of eastern and western culture is evident here in every day life, derived from a history of portuguese rule that spans more than 450 years. Enjoy the unhurried pace of life, wander along miles of sun-kissed white beaches fringed by palms and caressed by the warm waters of the Arabian sea.
- An exotic retreat featuring 87 beautifully appointed suites and 72 spacious guest rooms
- The Presidential Residence, the Royal Villas and the Ocean Villa Grand suites, with private plunge pools attached
- Restaurants, including The Waterfall Café that overlooks the pool for all day dining, Jamawar for princely Indian cuisine, Riverside, perched on the banks of River Sal, for Italian and local Goan cuisine, Susegado Beachside Restaurant for lunch or a quick snack, Yali lounge, and the Riverside Bar and Poolside Bar for wonderful tropical fruit drinks
- Health club and Spa featuring a fully-equipped gymnasium complete with a range of cardiovascular equipment, exericise facilities, beauty salon with Indian Ayurvedic herbal massage, steam sauna and an outdoor Hot Spa
- Nestled between the lush landscaped gardens and the bleached sands of Mobor Beach is the resort's par 3, nine-hole executive golf course
- Tennis Club with three floodlit courts, all under the guidance of the Club's resident tennis pro
- Sail boats, windsurfing, waterskiing, parasailing, snorkeling, fishing boat trips and sunset cruises
- "Just Kids" club for families to relax while the children have a ball or a splash at the children's pool
- Outdoor trips to the many ancient Portuguese churches, Hindu temples, colourful local markets and wildlife sanctuaries.
Apart from elegant furnishings the reflect the melting-pot-spirit of Goa, each Pavilion Room at The Leela, Goa has a balcony overlooking the lagoon as well as a private garden entrance. The heady melange of Portuguese and Indian architecture has been beautifully brought alive in each one of these 54 rooms.
There are 74 lagoon suites at The Leela, Goa. And every one recreates the Portuguese villa ambience that Goa is famous for. Suites offer a choice of one or two marble bathrooms with deep-soaking tubs, vanity sections and separate showers as well as a private terrace that overlooks the becalming lagoon.
Lagoon Deluxe Suite:
In Lagoon Deluxe Suite there is a private balcony for those private moments, two oversized marble bathrooms with deep-soaking tubs, vanity sections and separate showers.
For a feeling of unrivalled indulgence, most recommend the Royal Villa at The Leela, Goa. With a master bedroom and guest bedroom, en-suite bathrooms with Italian marble bathrooms, double vanity counters, sunken baths, hot Jacuzzis and separate showers, living and dinning rooms, a private plunge-pool and terrace, and views of the golf course and the ocean.
There are 15 suites in Leela Palace. Apart from complimentary access to all the exclusive facilities of The Club, these one bedroom suites comes fully-stocked with everything that is needed without having to even ask.Every room will have its own butler. While every suite has a private terrace or balcony as well as its specially-assigned butler, select suites also have personal pools with private outdoor showers.
The Presidential Suite at The Leela, Goa is bigger than most villas in Goa. Not surprisingly, this villa boasts a master bedroom, two adjoining bedrooms, a living room, a dining room with a kitchenette and an attached maids’ room. Super-sized marbled bathrooms sport double vanity counters, sunken baths, and separate showers. A private spacious sun terrace with a pool and jacuzzi will make you feel like a Head of State.