Taj Mahal Hotel
Since it opened in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai has created its own unique history. From Maharajas and Princes to various Kings, Presidents, CEOs and entertainers, the Taj has played the perfect host, supportive of their every need.
Built in 1903, the hotel is an architectural marvel and brings together Moorish, Oriental and Florentine styles. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a gracious landmark of the city of Mumbai, showcasing contemporary Indian influences along with beautiful vaulted alabaster ceilings, onyx columns, graceful archways, hand-woven silk carpets, crystal chandeliers, a magnificent art collection, an eclectic collection of furniture, and a dramatic cantilever stairway.
Over the past century, The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai has amassed a diverse collection of paintings and works of art and is a veritable showcase of artifacts and art of the era. From Belgian chandeliers to Goan Christian artifacts, the hotel incorporates a myriad of artistic styles and tastes.
The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai offers generously appointed suites and rooms, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. These unforgettable rooms and suites live up to the fantasy of royal splendor
- The Taj Mahal Tower Rooms:The renowned American architect Melton Bekker, conceived the Tower wing in 1973. With its arched balconies topped by a jagged diadem, The Taj Mahal Tower stands in harmonious contrast to The Taj Mahal Palace. The rooms offer a refreshing mix of European style and Indian elegance. Guests have a choice of rooms that overlook the city or face the Gateway of India and the Arabian Sea.
- Superior Rooms:Well equipped with 2-line speakerphones, international direct dial facility, wireless Internet connectivity, mini bar, personal safe, channel music and colour television with satellite programmes, interactive TV, and safe deposit boxes for laptops.
- Deluxe Rooms:Contemporary rooms exemplifying the ultimate in lavish comfort and style. Well equipped with all the above guest amenities. All rooms have been refurbished and include all superior room guest amenities.
- The Taj Mahal Palace Rooms:The corridors stand testimony to a century old heritage, with genuine artifacts and antiques gracing the aisles. Guests have a choice of rooms that overlook the city or pool or face the Gateway of India and the Arabian Sea. The Taj Mahal Palace guests enjoy a private sit down check in on arrival, in the lobby lounge with a selection of welcome drinks, prior to being escorted to their rooms.
- Luxury Grande Rooms:Renowned for their architecture exuding an aura of old-world charm and elegance. Each room is equipped with a 42” Plasma TV, surround sound with ultra fast internet access (via an infra red keyboard), a DVD player and NEOS (an interactive TV network through which you can access our library of films and music). The luxurious four feature Italian marbled bathrooms, offer Retro style bathtubs with hydro massage hand-showers, as well as separate cubicles with overhead Rain showerheads, a vestibule and a dressing area. Other amenities include 2-line speakerphones with international direct dial facility, wireless Internet connectivity, in–room tea/coffee maker, minibar and personal safe (with inbuilt laptop chargers).
- Taj Club Rooms:Guest amenities and services include complimentary airport pick-up, exclusive check-in and check-out, early check-in (9 am) and late check-out (6 pm) and a welcome drink on arrival. Guests will also be provided with 24-hour invisible butler, and are welcome to enjoy complimentary breakfast, tea and coffee and cocktails in the Taj Club lounge. Complimentary use of the meeting room at the Taj Club and use of the gymnasium, steam and Jacuzzi in the fitness centre. Taj Club guest rooms will be provided with a complimentary bottle of imported wine, chocolates, fresh flowers, a fruit basket and a choice of newspapers and magazines.
The Taj Mahal Palace houses 46 generously appointed suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture to transport guests into a world of regal luxury and grandeur .Personal butlers can be summoned at a touch of a button to attend to every request from the moment of check in to the time of departure. Guests can choose from Junior Suites, Executive Suites, Luxury Suites Grand Luxury Suites and Presidential Suites. Combining contemporary and classic styles, the richly – hued interiors of the suites exemplify luxurious living. Complimentary services include breakfast, high tea and cocktails at the lounge and airport transfers. Each suite is equipped with a 42” Plasma TV, surround sound with ultra fast internet access (via an infra red keyboard), a DVD player and NEOS (an interactive TV network through which you can access our library of films and music).
- Executive Suites:Bright, airy, and stunning, these two room units offer spacious comfort with a living room, bedroom and attached dressing area. Guests will enjoy stunning views overlooking the pool, lawns and the city. The privileges of the Taj Club are also included.
- Luxury Suites:Offers a spacious living room, bedroom and dining room and are well equipped with all the above guest amenities.. The privileges of the Taj Club are also included.
- Grand Luxury Suites:Transcending time, these picturesque suites are designed around a central theme such as the Sunrise Suite, the Moonlight Suite and the Bell Tower Suite. The artwork and antiques recreate old world charm with a blend of modern amenities and gracious personalized service. The suites offer stunning views of the Arabian Sea and The Gateway of India. The privileges of the Taj Club are also included.
- Presidential Suites:The Presidential Suite and the Rajput Suite have been home to many Heads of State, Celebrities and CEO’s . The suites feature a grand living room, a private patio with port harbor and city view, a master bedroom and a private balcony overlooking The Gateway of India. Opulent old-world design including precious original paintings and antiques, artwork and antiques that recreate old world charm with a blend of modern amenities and gracious personalized service. The privileges of the Taj Club are also included.
Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai, situated on the waterfront, is a gracious landmark facing the Gateway of India. When the hotel opened in 1903, it had no parallel in the city, and possibly in the country. Although the hotel has seen much change, including the addition of a contemporary Tower Wing in 1973, it has retained most of its original charm.
As a member of the select group of 'Leading Hotels of the World' The Taj Mahal offers guests a unique blend of warm hospitality, luxurious accommodation and contemporary amenities and services. The hotel has played host to many prominent personalities including royalty and heads of state. The Taj Mahal Hotel is 30 km from the airport and minutes away from the city's prime commercial, banking and shopping districts.